Friday, August 22, 2008

Day 1: My Reason for a Blog.

Dot .Net Dilemmas
Not too sure if this is the best place for keeping all this type of stuff but, recently I moved from Dublin to Sydney for a very good reason and stated a job in a new company on George Street in the CBD. It's winter in Sydney at the moment and a lot colder than I ever thought it would be in Australia but, I have to say that the Sydney winter is pretty much like the Dublin summer so I feel right at home and am loving it.

I have taken over the development, upgrade and maintenance of the company website which sells an excellent product and training online.
So far so good. Good company to work for but in the course of getting everything set up on my new laptop for development and testing, I have had to solve some problems that I have had to solve many times before but of course, when I go to fix them this time, I forgot what I did the last time and have to start searching for the answers all over again. So, this blog is more for me in a attempt to keep all my bits of information, website and solutions for fixing those .NET, C#, IIS and ASP.NET issues that come up again and again. Hopefully others will find it a help too? Not sure if it will be a daily blog, but I will try to add to it whenever I find or fix something interesting.

Anyhow, to start it off, here are a list of the .NET/Computer Architecture books that I am currently trying to get through.
I'm always on the look out for books that people recommend and I am especially looking for a good book on Silverlight 2.0 for a complete beginner, so if you know of any I would be more than grateful for any suggestions.

No comments: