Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 2: Getting Started on the ‘Elevator Pitch’

Dot .Net Dilemmas

Last night I was reading up on how to create a good ‘Elevator Pitch’. I have to say that I'm not even 100% sure that I need one at this stage. I’m not looking for investment or help from anyone who I would need to ‘sell’ the idea to. However, I do think that it will be a good exercise for me to complete as it will force me to answer some very important questions about what the business should be. It may even have the effect of making me face up to the fact that my idea just won’t sell. I hope not or this could be the shortest-lived Micro-ISV of all time…

I have however, come to the conclusion that I would really like/need to get some help with the ‘Who is your Competition’ question. I know that I could go to Google of Bing and start searching on the web for all the companies and Micro-ISV that will be my competitors and that I will need to keep an eye on. Right now however, I just don't have the business knowhow to assess the success of a business just by looking at their website. I know that perfect person to ask, now all I need to do is get her to say ‘yes’.

I am going to be honest here, this is all very new to me and I am going to do all my learning and make all my mistakes in public so, if I am making stupid mistakes or asking stupid questions, please point them out and if you can, cut me a little slack to begin with.

No comments: